1. Allen _______ any good job since he came to New York City two years ago.
A. hasn't found B. didn‘t find
C. doesn't find D. hadn‘t found
2.“Let me _______ you，”said my boss，“you should call me immediately after you arrive at the airport.”
A. ask B. advise C. remember D. remind
3. The boys spent the whole morning _______ possible answers to the question.
A. discuss B. and discussing
C. discussing D. and discussed
4. This village ______ to be the place in which Ernest Hemingway，one of the greatest American writers，wrote this story.
A. is believing B. is believed
C. believes D. believe
5. It's reported that by the end of last month the sale of the company ______ by 10%.
A. has risen B. had been rising
C. had risen D. has been rising
6.-How _________ will you be able to finish the painting?
-In a couple of hours.
A. soon B. often
C. long D. fast
7. ______ any friends in the city，he felt quite lonely and helpless.
A. No to have B. No having
C. Not to have D. Not having
8. Dr. White was away to the South last month，so he didn't attend the meeting _______ in Beijing.
A. having held B. to hold
C. to be held D. held
9. _______ at his paper over the weekend，Neil didn't finish it.
A. As he worked hard
B. Hard as he worked
C. How he worked hard
D. How hard he worked
10.-Are you satisfied with her work，sir?
-Not at all. It couldn't be any _______.
A. better B. best
C. worse D. worst
11. That was _______ matter that I had no choice but to talk it over with my parents.
A. a such serious B. a so serious
C. such serious a D. so serious a
12. This disease is second only _______ heart attack as a cause of death all over the world.
A. to B. of
C. with D. from
13. The word is new to us. You'd better ______ in the dictionary.
A. look at it B. look for it
C. look it up D. look it out
14. If there is no one _______ him with the preparation，he will have to put off the meeting.
A. help B. to help
C. helps D. helped
15. As soon as she _______ open the letter，Mrs. White will find out what has happened to her husband.
A. tears B. is tearing
C. will tear D. has torn
16. ______ the government argees to give extra money，the theatre will have to be closed next month.
A. Unless B. If
C. Since D As
17. To reduce weight，plastic has taken _______ of iron and steel in making boats.
A. its place B. place
C. the place D. a place
18.-Let me help you with your suitcase.
A. You're very nice
B. Yes，you're so helpful
C. No，I can do
D. It's very kind of you
19. These three English novels are for you. The rest _______ for the other students in your class.
A. were B. is
C. are D. was
20. You _______ have seen Jane in her office last Friday;she's been out of town for two weeks.
A. couldn't B. mustn‘t
C. wouldn't D. shouldn‘t
21. Henry never said that he was good at maths，_______ he?
A. was B. did
C. didn't D. wasn‘t
22. The little girl showed the policeman the corner _______ she was knocked off her bike.
A. and B. which
C. that D. where
23. The snow was so deep that the climbers could not ________ to the camp.
A. get over B. get along
C. get through D. get around
24. In need of money，Bob had to take ______ job that was offered to him.
A. whatever B. no matter what
C. whichever D. no matter which
25. My friend and I would like to go to the concert，but ________ of us has got a ticket.
A. both B. none
C. neither D. all
1. A 2. D 3. C 4. B 5. C 6. A 7. D 8. D 9. B 10. C
11. D 12. A 13. C 14. B 15. A 16. A 17. C 18. D 19. C 20. A
21. B 22. D 23. C 24. A 25. B
轉載請注明：文章轉載自 助學站-湖南成人高考網 [www.creativebusinessintelligence.net]本文標簽： ??? ??? ???